Do you suffer from recurrent shoulder instability that fails to respond to physical therapy and nonsurgical treatments?
If yes, then arthroscopy Bankart's repair and Remplissagemay be an effective option to lower your risk of recurrent dislocations and allow you to resume your normal activities.
Dr. Rajesh Thunuguntla, one of the best orthopedic surgeon in Telangana, has the skills and expertise to provide this procedure with an excellent outcome.
Till date, he has performed hundreds of arthroscopy Bankart's repair and Remplissage in Telangana for shoulder instability. He will assist you in regaining full shoulder function as quickly as possible with compassionate and personalized care.
Dr. Rajesh Thunuguntla is the Head of Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine, Onus Hospital, Hyderabad, Telangana, and specializes in arthroscopic knee and shoulder surgery and sports medicine.
Read on to understand when you need to undergo arthroscopy Bankart's repair and Remplissage in Telangana, its procedure, and recovery.
Image Source: https://www.dhruvorthosurgical.com/surgery/shoulder-arthroscopy.html
The shoulder is your body's most mobile joint. It assists you in lifting, rotating, and reaching high over your head. It can turn in a number of directions. However, the increased range of motion might lead to instability. When the head of the upper arm bone is moved out of the shoulder socket, shoulder instability develops.
It is usually caused by a sudden injury, such as a fall or an accident, or sometimes in sports injuries very commonly seen in contact sports like Kabaddi. Once a shoulder has dislocated, it is susceptible to further dislocations. Chronic shoulder instability occurs when the shoulder becomes loose and slides out of place frequently.
What are the causes of shoulder instability?
According to Dr. Rajesh Thunuguntla, an Orthopedic and Arthroscopy surgeon in Telangana, the common causes for shoulder instability are
- A shoulder dislocation is largely caused by a trauma or severe injury, which dislocates the humerus and injures the socket bone and the front ligaments. An initial dislocation can result in more dislocations or a sense of instability. Even the soft-tissue rim ( labrum) may tear known as Bankart’s lesion and the ball part of the joint ( humerus) will have a bony defect on its backside called a Hill Sachs lesion.
- A tiny percentage of patients have no injury or repetitive strain record but still suffer from multidirectional instability. Their ball may dislocate from the front, back, or bottom of the shoulder. These patients may be double-jointed and have naturally loose ligaments all over their bodies.
What are the symptoms of shoulder instability?
- Shoulder dislocations regularly
- Instances of the shoulder giving out repeatedly
- The shoulder feels loose as if it's slipping in and out of the joint or simply hanging there
- Lost confidence in throwing or bowling activities
- Fear of doing overhead activities
- Apprehension while doing heavy activities
- Some individuals will have episodes of shoulder locking
How is shoulder instability diagnosed?
Dr. Rajesh Thunuguntla will examine your shoulder after discussing your symptoms and medical history. He will use specific tests to determine the level of instability in your shoulder and may also check for general ligament looseness.
He may ask you to undergo imaging tests like X-rays and MRI to help confirm your diagnosis and rule out any other issues.
Treatment for shoulder instability
Mostly the surgeon will use nonsurgical treatments to address chronic shoulder instability. If these methods do not relieve the pain and instability, you may need surgery.
Dr. Rajesh Thunuguntlamay recommends arthroscopy Bankart's repair and Remplissage in Telangana depending on the severity of your injury, age, and degree of activity.
Procedure for arthroscopy Bankart's repair and Remplissage in Telangana
Arthroscopy Remplissagecan is done in conjunction with a Bankart repair.
Arthroscopy Bankart's repair
Image Source: https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Follow-up-Shoulder-Instability-With-Engaging-Lesion-Zhu-Lu/6701c579197afa9029112de746d1620aa8919a79
Also known as arthroscopic labral repair, it heals the tears in the labrum, the cartilage ring that surrounds the border of the shoulder socket. It provides stability to shoulders that haven't been severely damaged by dislocations.
Dr. Rajesh Thunuguntla will make a few tiny incisions over your shoulder joint during an arthroscopic Bankart repair. He will insert an arthroscope, a narrow tubular device with a light and camera at the end, into your shoulder joint through one of the cuts.
The camera delivers images from inside of the shoulder joint on a monitor. He will then trim the margins of your glenoid cavity with small instruments through the other small incisions. The separated labrum is then reattached to the glenoid with suture anchors. The tiny wounds are then stitched together and wrapped in a dressing.
Arthroscopy causes less damage to adjacent structures and eliminates the need to remove and reattach the overlying shoulder muscle as in an open procedure.
Arthroscopic Remplissage technique
Image Source: https://bostonshoulderinstitute.com/treatment-of-recurrent-anterior-shoulder-instability/
A dislocated shoulder can sometimes result in a dent in the ball portion of the joint, causing the shoulder to dislocate again. After repairing the Bankart lesion, Dr. Rajesh Thunuguntlawill performs the arthroscopic Remplissage procedure. Additional surgical incisions are not required.
He will fill the dent in the rear of the ball component of the joint by introducing a portion of the rotator cuff attachment into the region. It reduces your risk of future dislocations.
Recovery after arthroscopy Bankart's repair and Remplissage in Telangana
The stitches will remain for 10-14 days. Expect to have your arm immobilized in a sling. Following surgery, the surgeon will prescribe pain relievers and antibiotics to help with pain and infection prevention.
You will need follow-up visits so that your surgeon can monitor the progress and accordingly advice you to start with physical therapy.
In the starting, the therapy will include simple passive movements without engaging any muscles. You may begin moderate exercise within three months to increase your range of motion and muscular strength.
You should not pull, push or lift heavy objects. Contact sports are normally not allowed for six months after surgery.
What are the arthroscopy Bankart's repair and Remplissage cost in Telangana?
The arthroscopy Bankart's repair and Remplissage cost in Telangana will depend on the severity of your problem, your overall health, your surgeon's experience, and the location where your surgery is performed.
Dr. Rajesh Thunuguntla believes in providing affordable surgical options to his patients so that everyone can benefit from first-class medical treatments.
Why choose Dr. Rajesh Thunuguntla for arthroscopy Bankart's repair and Remplissage in Telangana?
- Dr. Rajesh Thunuguntla’s primary concern has always been his patient's complete recovery. He is a cut above the rest when it comes to arthroscopy Bankart's repair and Remplissage in Telangana.
- He is an excellent choice for your treatment because of his mastery of advanced technology, meticulous attention to detail, along with expert advice.
- He treats each patient's needs with empathy and understanding, which leads to improved diagnosis, treatment, and overall care.